Thank you for wanting to know a little bit more about me! It's a bit scary putting myself 'out there' in this way but If you don't know me, it's perhaps hard for you to know if I can really help you, so here we are:
Home LifeI have 3 precious sons that I home-educated (apart from a 6 week trial in school), and 1 of whom I'm still home-educating. I hope this makes me more compassionate and able to understand the complexities and joys of both parenting and teaching. I love to help people relax into parenting and enjoy it for all it's worth. My husband has Multiple Sclerosis so I know the pressures of dealing with long term situations and how we need to dig deep to enjoy life and even to cope with life sometimes. I also love singing, but that's another story!
Work LifeI qualified in 1993 with a BSc Degree with Distinction in Occupational Therapy, PG Dip with Commendation in Sensory Integration and have worked in Europe and across the UK and Ireland. I'm an international conference speaker and an Advanced Practitioner in Sensory Integration, (Ayres SI Therapist and mentor). I work in three main areas:
- With parents, grandparents and extended family members to equip and empower them to really help their own families.
- With adults that would appreciate knowing their own sensory processing patterns and learning how to manage them best.
- As a training resource, consultant and mentor for other therapists, and for those in education, clubs or business.
Anti-Discrimination PracticeAlthough everything on and in this site is from a Christian foundation and worldview, I love to work with people of all age, faith, disability, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, creed and any other differences we might find amongst ourselves! I say I'm a Christian so that you know where I am coming from, but I won't discriminate against anyone. All are welcome into the service. I hope you won't discriminate against me for wanting to support your OT and sensory health needs from this perspective.If you would rather non-faith based OT support, please go to www.sensoryprocessing.co.uk and we will gladly join with you there.
Faith LifeI gave my life to Christ at age 13 and purely want to live to serve, honour and bless Him. I "just knew" that OT was for me from 13 too, so my faith and work life have developed hand in hand. I now only want to use therapy practises that are Holy Spirit led and that will enhance faith, and bring His healing touch into people's lives.
What I believe(so you know where I'm coming from!)
- There is only one true God who is the King, Creator and Redeemer of all that is. He is perfectly holy, just, loving and truthful. He has revealed Himself to be eternally self-existent — one being in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God - right from Genesis 1:1.
- Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet Adam chose to reject the relationship for which were made. Because of this, sickness, disability, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, the one and only Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and is God’s Anointed One, empowered by the Holy Spirit to inaugurate God’s kingdom on earth. He was crucified for our sins, died, was buried, resurrected and ascended into heaven, and is now alive today in the presence of God the Father. He is “fully God” and “fully man.”
- We are saved by God’s grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing and receiving Jesus as their Saviour and Lord. The Holy Spirit whom we receive, as we are baptised into the kingdom of God, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as His sons and daughters.
- The work of Christ on the cross provides freedom from the power of the enemy — sin, lies, sickness and torment. It is the Holy Spirit who lives within us that enables us to live holy lives and minister supernaturally in signs and wonders, healing and deliverance.
- The Church consists of all of us who put their faith in Jesus Christ. The Church exists to carry on the ministry of Jesus and further advance His kingdom by undoing the works of the enemy, preaching and living the good news of God’s love, and discipling the nations — baptising and teaching them to love and obey God.
- Christ is coming back for His church. Heaven and hell are real places.
- My Mission is to share and live God's love, goodness, hope, and kindness by being a support for people with OT and sensory health needs, and help keep Christ at the very centre of our everyday lives.